Do you have acne-prone skin, or maybe you just occasionally get various pimples and other imperfections? You can choose from several essential oils that will also help with blemishes and dry skin. Which oils are we talking about? Which ones work well for skin care? The answer is below! Check it out!
Essential oil – what is it and how to use it?
Before we move on to discuss the best essential oils used to deal with skin problems, we must first explain what they really are. Well, essential oils are volatile aromatic mixtures found in plant seeds, roots, fruits, leaves, flowers or bark, among others. They are usually in the form of an oily liquid and do not dissolve in water. They are used for inhalation and have a relaxing, stress-reducing and anti-inflammatory effect. They are also great for demanding skin care.
Importantly, they work so intensively that they should not be applied directly to the skin. Therefore, they should be mixed with a carrier oil. Castor oil, jojoba, coconut, sweet almond or avocado oil can be used in this role. Before applying, it is a good idea to test the essential oil on an invisible part of the skin and see if there is an allergic reaction.
Essential oils for acne and other skin problems
Natural essential oils help fight pimples or blemishes. Here are the best of them:
- tea tree oil – applied spot-on (exceptionally without dilution) soothes irritation, accelerates wound healing, can even deal with large acne, herpes and ringworm of the skin;
- lemon oil – cleanses pores, has astringent properties, helps reduce the appearance of acne scars;
- geranium oil – regulates sebum secretion, soothes inflammation, but at the same time firms the skin and reduces wrinkles, it also speeds up the healing of bruises and burns;
- lavender oil – although it is most often associated with relaxation, when applied to the skin it reduces redness, soothes, helps with atopic dermatitis, acne and psoriasis, and is also recommended for stretch marks and varicose veins, as well as for mature skin care;
- rose oil – relieves atopic dermatitis, has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects, regenerates and firms the skin;
- eucalyptus oil – inhibits the growth of bacteria on the skin;
- pine oil – helps fight acne, soothes, tones and disinfects;
- bergamot oil – lightens blemishes, reduces the appearance of scars and regulates sebaceous glands;
- cedar oil – helps with acne lesions, regulates sebum secretion and reduces skin redness;
- patchouli oil – helps with cracked and very dry skin, soothes inflammation and eczema;
- sage oil – lightens stretch marks, moisturizes the skin, removes toxins and reduces discoloration;
- jasmine oil – has a brightening effect, soothes irritation, helps with atopic dermatitis, deeply moisturizes and firms the skin, smooths wrinkles and strengthens collagen fibers.
main photo: unsplash.com/Chelsea shapouri